About the Camp
- The Pacers' long track speed skating camp aims to provide skaters of all stages a developmentally appropriate training program.
- Developmental Group skaters can expect a focus on developing speed skating technique, improving physical literacy and an introduction to long track speed skating races.
- Intermediate Group skaters can expect a focus on improving speed skating technique, introducing new technical concepts, advancing physical literacy and developing locomotive speed and reaction.
- Advanced Group skaters can expect a focus on new technical concepts to advance skating technique, challenging on ice and off-ice training, expert video analysis of technique and educational presentations.
- Masters Group skaters can expect a focus on improving speed skating technique, challenging on ice and off-ice training, expert video analysis of technique and educational presentations.
About the Coach: Bryan McSorley
Bryan McSorley credentials:
- Over 20 years in the sport of speed skating
- NCCP Certified Level 3 speed skating coach
- 2013 Canadian Age Class Long Track Championships - Team Ontario results: 2 Overall Points Champions, 5 Overall Points Top 5s, 13 Overall Points Top 10s, 6 Individual Gold medals, 1 Individual Silver medal, 7 Individual Bronze medals, 20 Individual Top 5s, 48 Individual Top 10s.
- 2011 Canada Games - Team Sask results: 1 silver medal, 4 Top 5's and 15 Top 10's.
- Head Coach of Team Sask at the 2011 Canada Games
- Competed at the Canada Games in 1999 and 2003
- Competed at Short Track Canadian Open Championships, Canadian Junior Championships, and multiple Canadian Age Class Championships. Also competed at Long Track Canada Cups.
- Won 3 medals at the 2003 Canada Games in short track skating
- Hold two senior provincial records
- Member of the Calgary Olympic Oval National Training Program for over 5 years
- Member of Montreal International RTC for a season
- Former Saskatchewan Speed Skating Provincial Coach and Technical Director
- Former Calgary Speed Skating Association Head Coach